Best selling vehicles in Canada
This June, there was a 2 per cent drop in total sales and the first-half of 2018 ends as the second-strongest start to the year in Canadian history.
Canadians have bought and leased more than 2 million vehicles in 2018 for just the second time ever, but that’s with fewer total sales than last year.
More Canadians are acquiring new vehicles by getting into longer-term loans, having been attracted to car dealer showrooms with strong incentives but still the Canadian auto industry may not be as healthy as it appears on paper.
Vehicle sales in the first 6 months of 2018
According to Global Automakers of Canada, 1.04 million new vehicles were sold between January and June. Surprisingly the most popular vehicles on which the industry depends for great swathes of volume, are suffering substantial demand decreases.
Honda and Toyota, for instance, sold nearly 5,000 fewer Corollas and Civics in the first-half of 2018 compared with the same period in 2017.
Countdown best selling vehicles 2018
5. GMC Sierra, selling 29,765 units, being the 5th on our list, still with 5% lower sales than last year.
4. Chevrolet Silverado, Canadians bought 30,210 units in the first 6 months; this ranks sales up by 8% more than last year.
3. Honda Civic, with sales down 4% from last year, still ranking on number 3 on the best-selling list with 35,536 units sold.
2. Ram Series, losing about 9000 units compared to 2017. Selling 48,659 units, meaning this model is down 16 % compared to last year’s same period.
1. Ford F-Series on track to be on the 10th consecutive year for best-selling vehicle in Canada. Selling in the first six months 72,308 units. Still, down 8% from 2017.
ShipMyRide can help you if you are moving across the country, or to a different province or city, we can ship your car.
If you need you ship your car contact ShipMyRide for a free car shipping quote. Rest assured we will work to get your vehicle delivered home damage free.
Ship My Ride – Contact Information
Call us: 1-888-875-SHIP (7447)
Email us: email@example.com